In the fall television season of 2016, the editors and writers of Persephone Magazine, tired of the same old, same old, took over the programming schedule.
The P-Mag team, armed with a list of favorite actors and plot ideas, developed five new shows for primetime. These shows are named The Bechdel Test, Ladies First, Time & Space, You Know It, and In the Water. The actors involved are Kerry Washington, Catherine Tate, Peter Dinklage, Allison Janney, and Idris Elba. The roles they play are doctor, lawyer, cop, chef, and psychic. From the following clues, can you figure out which actor plays which part in what show, and what night the show airs on?
1. Time & Space airs two days after Idris Elba’s show, and Ladies First airs two days after Kerry Washington’s show.
2. Kerry Washington’s show airs earlier in the week than Allison Janney’s, which airs earlier in the week than the show featuring a lawyer.
3. The show about a psychic is not called The Bechdel Test, and it does not air on Tuesdays.
4. You Know It is not the cop show.
5. You Know It is not the show about a chef, and does not air on a consecutive day with the show about a chef.
6. Time & Space does not air on Thursdays.
7. In the Water airs on Mondays, and stars Peter Dinklage.
[sws_toggle1 title=”Answers”] In the Water, starring Peter Dinklage as a psychic, airs on Mondays. You Know It, starring Kerry Washington as a doctor, airs on Tuesdays. The Bechdel Test, starring Idris Elba as a cop, airs on Wednesdays. Ladies First, starring Allison Janney as a chef, airs on Thursdays. Time & Space, starring Catherine Tate as a lawyer, airs on Fridays. [/sws_toggle1]