Here at Persephone, we know what the reader wants. Everyone wants more embarrassing and funny facts about the writers. At least, that’s what I want to know! Thanks to Karishma for starting a trend.
- I grew up with a speech problem. Until the age of 7, I could not say the letter g. I pronounced it like d. So I worshiped Dod while walking my dod. I do not know if this led to my burgeoning agnosticism. I was so happy when I could finally say the letter g. Weirdly, my dad’s name started with g but I never had to say it as a child. Personality Characteristics: Perseverance,weird
- When I was in second grade, I wanted to be a lawyer and a politician. I used to carry around a copy of the Constitution and read it to people. This did not necessarily help me make many friends. Personality Characteristics: Smarmy, overly mature, ostracizing.
- I got makeup on my baseball bedspread at the age of 6. I blamed my cousin because I did not want my mom to know I was experimenting with her makeup. Personality Characteristics: Shameful, dishonest, rebellious
- My second toes curve and overlap my third toes. My doctor told my parents when I was about 4, that my toes were fine, I just wasn’t going to be running fast any time soon. He couldn’t foresee that the biggest problem is I have a hell of a hard time painting the third toenails. Thanks a lot, genetics. Personality Characteristics: Angry, awkward
- I went through six different majors at college finally settling on History and Political Science because my second Uni didn’t offer most of my other options. Also because my parents were paying for school still. Personality Characteristics: Indecisive, loving
- I used to hate Harry Potter, mostly because everyone was into it and that annoyed me. Then I watched the first movie and it hooked me. I then began to preach the amazingness of those books. Personality Characteristics: Contrary, quick to change, true believer
- I lost my virginity on the 4th of July. It was weird and awkward. Personality Characteristics: patriotic, virginal
- I love squid and octopus. I tend to get it if I am at a sushi restaurant, or somewhere as great calamari. I once bought octopus thinking it wasn’t too hard to cook. I was wrong. I was also house sitting. I disposed of the bad nasty octopus into the garbage. Somehow my friend’s dog ate some of the octopus and puked it up. Personality Characteristics: Stupid, pet lover
A few of these were posted to my personal Facebook for the numbers game floating around but were edited for this article. I hope everyone got a good guffaw from this.