As everyone in the universe now knows, Beyoncé dropped an entire album overnight last week complete with videos, with no promotion, no notice, no lead-up, and it. is. AMAZING.
Some feminist lessons to be learned from BEYONCÉ: The Visual Album:
1. Strong women have no problem admitting that they’re flawless.
2. Female sexuality is nothing to be ashamed of, and should be celebrated and discussed.
3. Even cunnilingus.
4. Everyone should know who Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is.
5. You can still be have fun, be sexual, and retain your own identity after you’re married.
6. You can still do all of those things after you’re a mother.
7. The fact that so many people still only celebrate stereotypical white, skinny, “traditional” standards of beauty is patently ridiculous.
8. Pretty hurts, and we don’t talk about it enough.
9. Your girlfriends are some of the most important relationships you’ll ever have.
10. You’re a grown woman. You can do what you want.
One reply on “10 Lessons About Feminism From Beyonce’s New Album”
Also referencing the women that came before you make your shit gorgeous and informed. Caught a LOT of visual references, mostly some old school ish. <<<<<<3333333333