Four years ago, I gave my boyfriend a Nutella cookbook. Him being the amazing cook-by-the-book man he is (he ain’t), that cookbook disappeared after he tried one recipe. And now there are some silly recipes in it (make bread, add Nutella, enjoy), there are – especially with some modifications – plenty tasty things to find.
I am a great ricotta fan, but be careful with adding too much. You’ll have swampy cookies that will fall apart as soon as you look at them. On the other hand ..they can’t go down whole anyway, right?
To make it, you’ll need:
- 125 g butter
- 60 g ricotta
- 130 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp lemon essence
- 230 g flour
- Cacao powder for fancy sprinkling
The original recipe asks for vanilla essence, but because I love the ricotta/lemon combination and don’t worry about sweetness because the high amount of Nutella, I changed it.
Is there no thing as ‘Too sweet’ in your world? Go with vanilla!
- Knead the butter with the flour, the icing sugar, ricotta and essence. Add some spoons of water and mix until it’s an elastic dough.
- Get an oven plate with baking paper.
- Two options here. A: make little cookies, drop tiny Nutella pearls on them before adding another layer of dough. Or B: make balls of the dough, push your thumb in (make your thumb wet first because the dough is sticky) and land a big lick of Nutella in the hole. One gives you more Nutella flavor, the other gives lemony ricotta a fighting chance.
- Put them in the (hot air) oven for 25 minutes on 170C.
- Get them out when the fork test (stick ‘m in, nothing comes out) is a success. Want to be fancy? Add some cacao.
3 replies on “Chocolate of the Day: Nutella Ricotta Cookies”
We already did our snow day store run…… and I wanna make these during the storm…………….
I think we will keep this up through the month, so you’ll have to brave the storm or cling to what you have until it’s gone ;)
oh i know….. i know.. just…. bah… :-)